Your debit card is now more secure than ever with a built-in security chip!
The new Pioneer Bank debit card features the latest advance in security technology to protect you as you shop: the embedded gold chip you see on the front of the card. Here’s how it works:
- Many merchants have converted their terminals to allow your new debit card to be inserted chip-first into the front of their terminal. Your card remains in the terminal until checkout is complete so that a unique security code is passed between your card and VISA.
- For merchant’s that only allow swiping your card, no problem. Your new debit card still has a magnetic strip on the back. Your new debit card can continue to be used for online and telephone purchases or getting cash at ATMs.
Please note any changes to your new card.
As we issued these new chip-enabled cards, some of the data on your card may have been changed for added protection. Review each of the following items on the new debit card to know what, if anything, has changed for you:
- Your debit card number on the front of the card
- Your card expiration date on the front of the card
- Your CVV number on the back of the card
- Your PIN number will remain the same
You will need to update your card information for any merchant you have allowed to take automatic payments and any vendor that has saved your information for easier online checkout.
Your existing card will no longer work after June 1, 2017.
Need help? Got questions?
Call us at 844-PIO-BANK or stop by your local branch.